Hi! My name is Chris and I’d like to welcome you to my “About Me” page! I had something written here before but as I got further into my blogging journey, I felt the need to make some changes.
I guess it wouldn’t be an About Me page without some info about me, so here’s the Coles notes version:
* I am a father to two beautiful children (all parents say their children are beautiful and mine are no exception).
* I am not a perfect father or husband. Not even close.
* Without my wife, not only would I not have these children but my children would both be in training to become Professional Wrestlers.
* I have a job. That job is not blogging, although I am way busier as a blogger.
* I live in Canada and therefore I am Canadian.
* I Love Hockey.
* I think I am funnier than my wife does.
* I did not start my blog to make money; but I do like money, so if you want to give me some for no reason, I will most likely accept.
* That’s different than paying me to write for you. If you would like to do that, we can definitely talk about it and whether it would be a fit for my blog.
* If you are an African Prince, I do not have enough in my bank account to facilitate your arrival in my country. However, if you want me to write for you, see the above bullet point.
* My blog is Canadian Dad but I am not the only Canadian Dad, nor am I the authority on Fatherhood in Canada.
* I sing in a Rock Band. It is awesome and I love every second of it. We are not known (at all) and I am very cool with that.
* Toilet Paper should be hung in an over fashion. Period.
* I think TLC should change the name of their channel because I rarely learn anything from watching it.
* The above being said, I sometimes can’t turn off Toddlers & Tiaras…
* I get more excited about Infomercials than any human ever should.
That about covers me. I’m sure there’s more but I don’t want to bore you with the details. You can email me at email@example.com for that info….
My blog is a lot of things to me. It’s a place for me to share my stories of fatherhood. It’s a place where I can talk about the products and stories that I like. It gives me a voice, to speak about the evolving role of fatherhood. It let’s me talk about other great Dads and allows me to share stories of Canadians who are doing amazing things! Most importantly, this blog allows me to flex the creative muscles in my brain while at the same time writing about the things I love. It has challenged me to look at life in a way that I had never dreamed and has made me a better father & person. I love interacting with all my readers and social media followers and have learned so much from all of you!
I have too many blogging goals to list for you but if I had to priotize my Top 3 in order, they would be:
1. Learn to be a better father. Throughout my writing and interacting with other Dad Bloggers, I have learned so much about parenting. As good of a parent as you think you are, there is always room for improvement and I am learning more and more each day.
2. I would eventually like to stumble my way into a real writing gig. I love to tell stories, so the ultimate dream job for me would be getting the chance to write those stoires for a publication or maybe even write my own book someday. That’s why they call them dreams!
3. I want to try and educate the media, corporations, hollywood & everyone out there, that fathers are not the bumbling idiots you see in movies, commercials and print ads. A lot of us, not just Dad Bloggers either, are loving, committed and caring individuals who want to spend every waking minute with our children. Yes, I enjoy a beer and a hockey game every now and then but that does not define my existence as a man.
I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my mind. The one thing I love more than everything else in blogging is the interaction, so please feel free to stop in and comment anytime you see fit! I am also a bit of a Tweetaholic so if you get bored, pop on to Twitter and say hi to me at @CanadianDadBlog. Seriously, I spend an inordinate amount of time on there, it’s borderline embarrassing…