Listen, here’s the thing. I am bad at making lunches for myself. I have been this way ever since I was old enough to work and I’m not expecting that to change any time soon. As bad as it sounds, this news doesn’t mean that I am not eating and it also doesn’t mean that I am filling up my body with junk five days a week.
As a matter of fact, with a SUBWAY® restaurant just down the street from me I am not only staying fed but also doing so in a health conscious manner and at an affordable price. My SUBWAY Sandwish of choice is a 6 inch SUBWAY Club on Italian Herb & Cheese bread, topped with lettuce, cucumber, salt, pepper, hot peppers and mayo. Oh baby, just writing that down has me pumped for my next visit, which will actually be in 49 minutes from now!
You may have noticed that I’ve been saying Sandwish instead of sandwich and that’s because SUBWAY has made it their mission to grant Canadians’ Sandwishes by offering a quick and customizable meal from top to bottom for everyone’s individual lifestyle and dietary needs. In case you needed more reasons to stop in to your local SUBWAY today, here are a few more things to consider:
– Adding all the veggie options to your 6-inch sandwich provides two daily servings of vegetables.
– Since 2008, SUBWAY® restaurants has reduced sodium by 30% across lunch & dinner subs.
– Their 9 grain wheat & honey oat bread contain 24 grams of whole grains and five grams of fibre.
– SUBWAY is working to remove all artificial flavours, colours & preservatives from its menu by 2017.
– SUBWAY is proud to offer proteins sourced from Canada as much as possible, including Ham, Turkey & Cold Cut Combo in their restaurants.
– SUBWAY also works with local farmers across Canada to supply seasonal produce during harvest season.
Western Canada can enjoy BC-grown cucumbers from April to October and Ontario will be able to enjoy locally-grown cucumbers, onions, peppers and tomatoes in early fall! Just the fact that they are trying to incorporate home grown ingredients would be enough for me but knowing that my lunch is freshly prepared really puts SUBWAY over the top!
$100 Subway Gift Card Giveaway!
Throughout the coming months I will be working with SUBWAY to help make your Sandwishes come true and this is the first such opportunity! Simply fill out the Rafflecopter form below letting us know what your #SUBWAYSandwish is and we will be making those wishes come true! Oh, don’t forget to check out this hilarious video SUBWAY created when they placed a Zoltar machine out in the street to grant Sandwishes for passers-by! Giveaway is open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec.
Disclosure: I was compensated for my participation in this program.