So here’s the deal, I’ve seen this “Tag You’re It” thing floating around the internet and figured it was just a matter of time before I was hit with it.
That moment came last night when my friend Brandy over at Insane Mamacita tagged me in her post. Here’s the rules.
1) Post these rules.
2) You must post 11 random things about yourself by answering the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in.
3) Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4) Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
5) You legitimately have to tag 11 people. (Or as many as you know…(Canadian Dad edit))
I’m certainly not “Too Cool For School” so I’ve come up with some answers to her questions and here they are!
1) What is your dream job?
Although it would be nice to be an actor or a stock room clerk at a candy store, my ultimate dream job would be Rock Star for sure. The long hair, the leather pants, oh yeah baby!!
2) If you could choose, would you rather be deaf or blind? Why?
The world has so much to see, so I would absolutely choose to have my sight. Obviously I would choose neither and instead I would find a way to gain super hero powers that allowed me to fight crime with all senses. Also, have you heard babies scream??? Sight it is!
3) What song best suits your life (i.e. what is your theme song)?
There is no clear answer to this one as my life is a montage of different music. I guess if I had to narrow it down though….
Creep – Radiohead (This is how I used to feel most of the time)
I’m Sexy & I Know It – LMFAO (This is how I feel today)
My Hero – Foo Fighters (This song makes me think of my Dad)
Slide – Goo Goo Dolls (This is what I was singing at Karaoke when I reeled in my wife)
Grow Old With You – Adam Sandler (This is the song I sang to her when I proposed)
Twinkle, Twinkle – Daddy (This is the song my kids love over all others)
I could go on forever but you get the point! I dig music!
4) If money was no object and you could do whatever you wanted, what would your perfect day look like?
5) Do you prefer baths or showers?
I’ll assume this question was geared for the ladies but I’ll engage. I love showers BUT there are some things that would make me reconsider this option. If the bath was made up of any of the following things:
– Chocolate Sauce (Obvious one)
– Melted Marshmallows (Hot, I know but so good)
– Cinnamon Toast Crunch (Not comfortable or sanitary but delicious)
– Crown Royal (I would have to go to sleep immediately afterwards though)
– Pizza, Ribs, Hockey & Chicken Wings (I don’t know how this would work but….HEAVEN!!!)
6) What is your favourite book?
Another tough one, so many books come to mind….Here’s a short list of favorites:
– The Bourne Trilogy – Robert Ludlum (Great Stuff!)
– The Hockey Sweater – Roch Carrier (Stupid parents buy their kid a Leafs jersey! Habs rule! Leafs suck!)
– Dora’s Potty Book (On my daily reads list!)
– Birdman & The Treatment – Mo Hayder (The best One-Two punch I’ve ever read! Hayder is a sick, sick woman)
– The Hockey News (Yep, it’s a magazine about hockey and I am a man. Do the math!)
As you can tell, I don’t read a lot of books that have any kind of substance, lol. Sue me!
7) What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Admittedly, I’m not much of a risk taker. No sky diving or para-sailing for this guy, especially not since having kids.
I guess my answer would be between swimming with Sting Rays and having kids, LOL. (Note: I tried out and got through a couple rounds on Canadian Idol but I don’t know if I consider that crazy.)
8 ) What is your favourite TV show of all time and why?
Cmon, these questions are unfair! There are so many shows that define me. My official answer is “Lost” of course but here are some others:
– Saved By The Bell (Classic!!)
– King of Queens (Fave comedy)
– The League (Sports nerd show, the funniest on TV right now)
– Every reality show on TV (Yes, that includes The Bachelorette and Jersey Shore!)
9) What was your favourite toy as a kid?
Original Nintendo. That’s it. There were no other toys.
10) What do you do when (you think) no one is looking?
11) Describe yourself in a single sentence.
Would you like some Fries with that Shake?
I tagged some people below but because of my severe lack of online friends, I have included this video interview with my kids as a backup plan. Enjoy!
Okay, so my turn to tag some people on this one….I don’t know 11 bloggers, so I’ll tag those who I do know.
Questions for them! (I am very
1) What SuperHero would you be if you could choose one? You could make one up if you want!
2) What is your dream job?
3) Who is your favorite
Canadian Dad TV Dad?
4) Where is your ultimate vacation destination?
5) What do you do when you think no one is watching?
6) What reality show would you be on if you could pick one?
7) Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?
8 ) What could you do better as a parent?
9) What/Who’s music inspires you?
10) What is your favorite activity to do with your kids?
11) Tell us something interesting about you that very few people know about?
TAG! You’re It!!