My family was recently invited by Chevrolet Canada to go on a weekend getaway to Severn Lodge in order to try out the all-new 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe. We had an amazing weekend and afterward I asked my wife and children to tell me what their favourite things about the Tahoe were. Here are their answers, along with mine, of our 5 favourite things about the vehicle.
5. Magic Steps! – Okay, so maybe they aren’t entirely “magic” but to my daughter, the fact that a step drops down when you open the doors was a magical experience. No, seriously, the loudest giggles I have ever heard, every, single, time! On top of her love for the drop down steps, they are actually quite practical for people with small children who don’t want to have to lift them into the vehicle every time you want to leave the house.
4. Back Seat 3-Prong Outlet – Seeing as how we were embarking on a long journey, my son’s favourite feature in the 2015 Chevy Tahoe was the 3-prong outlet in the back seat, because it meant he could plug in his Nintendo DS charger. This may seem trivial to some but any gamer who has lost a game due to a low battery will tell you how devastating that experience is!
3. Size and Space – This was my wife’s choice, for obvious reasons. The 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe is a 7 passenger vehicle and with a growing family, that has multiple advantages, with more leg room for everyone, the ability to let the kids bring a friend on excursions and extra storage space rating near the top of that list. Unfortunately it also means that my wife and daughter can pack more things, which means that my son and I have to carry more things from the car to our destination…
2. Forward Collision Alert – Driving with kids can be…let’s say, challenging at times. I want to tell you that I have my eyes on the road at all times but the truth is that distractions happen to the best of us. Kids cry, deer run out in the road, things fall on the ground. You never know what is going to happen and I am thankful that Chevrolet has included the forward collision alert feature to give me that extra notice that something’s about to go down.
1. Vibrating Seats! – From the moment my tire hit the yellow lane marker and I felt the seat gently massage my gluteus maximus, I knew that this was going to be my favourite thing about the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe. In all seriousness, the Lane Departure Warning is a very cool feature that sends a small vibration to your seat cushion if you start to veer off the road or into a different lane without signalling. The best part is that it only vibrates on the side of the seat of the lane you are encroaching on.
That’ll do it for our family review of the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe. I was sad to have to give it back but as a family who will soon be in the market for a new vehicle (4 more months, baby!), this one will definitely be at the top of my wish list. To stay connected with everything that is going on with Chevrolet Canada, you can follow them on Twitter and/or Facebook.