Here is a list of all the things I did wrong this week.
1. I had chips and cake at work and then immediately listened to the Model Health Show podcast and felt extremely guilty.
2. I ate pizza, waited an hour and a half and then went for a run. Because of the pizza, I had to stop for half way due to abdominal pain. And, because I had already run 2.5K, I had to walk 2.5K home with abdominal pain.
3. Donuts, Pizza, Hot Dogs, Cinnamon Buns, Beer, Wings & Fries…
Now, looking back on all of these things, I feel terrible about what I have done to my body this week. For what it’s worth, I used to be a lot worse and actually showed restraint in a few different cases. That said, here is the list of things I did that I wasn’t doing three weeks ago.
1. Ran/Walked a total of 11.5K.
2. Started the P90X3 program from Beachbody and have completed 3 days so far. In fact, I almost bailed on tonight’s workout, yoga, but guilt took over and I powered through it. For someone who used to give up when things would get tough, this was a big step for me. Also, yoga is hard.
3. I went to the gym to do weight training three times this week.
4. I made my first ever trip to Farm Boy and stuffed my body with healthy foods all week (think of it as a counter balance to all the crap I mentioned eating above).
As disappointed as I am in myself for eating all the crappy food, I am more proud of myself for sticking to my workout plan and slowly starting to fit in some healthier food options. I was also sick towards the end of the week, which caused me to get a little down on myself, which led to the cinnamon buns…
Point is, if I can stick to this stuff, anybody can do this. Seriously, I used to occupy a bullet point under “lazy” in the dictionary. Take small steps, make your mistakes and soldier on. It has only gotten slightly easier physically but now that I have my brain telling me that it won’t let me quit, I feel more confident than ever. I’ll be keeping you all posted on how the P90X3 stuff is going and hope to have some videos to share soon.