My wife asked my son how much he loved her the other day, and he answered, “I Love You 200!“ We both looked at each other, and then he followed it up with, “That’s a lot”. I spent the last couple of days wondering what that 200 could possibly represent, and these are my best guesses.
* 200 Skylanders. (This is his favourite game and 200 new characters would certainly translate into plenty of love.)
* 200 episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. (His favourite TV show. We are both getting tired of watching the same episodes, so 200 new ones would be amazing!)
* 200 cookies. (Should be pretty self explanatory, no? This is something we can get get behind.)
* 200 play dates. (What can I say, this kid loves playing with his friends.)
* $200. (To a 5 year old, $200 probably seems like a million. That’s a lot of love!)
* 200 straight hours of Game of Thrones! (Okay, that one’s for me, but still, amazing!)
* 200 extra days of vacation from work. (**Drool**)
* 200 Pizzas. (This is both my son’s and my favourite food. Just the thought of this gives me the excited goosebumps)
* 200 X’s and O’s. (This is what I hope it stands for. There is no amount of pizza in the world that I would trade in exchange for this one.)
And, there you have it. I really have no clue what he was talking about, but in the end it doesn’t really matter because if he says “I Love You 200” is a lot of love, I have to take his word for it. In all honesty, I think he is smarter than I give him credit for, and this whole thing was an elaborate subliminal plan to get kid points, so he can work his way to actually obtaining the 200 Skylanders he covets. Well, guess what? I will totally take that!